ABOUT US / WHY CHOOSE AN INDEPENDENT INSURANCE AGENT?
Today there are several avenues for consumers to purchase insurance:
- Captive agents who can generally sell insurance from only one company,
- Direct response representatives who can offer insurance of one company and only on the phone,
- Internet sites where consumers can fill out an application online and get an insurance quote without any help or direction from a qualified professional, and
- Independent Insurance Agents who represent an average of eight insurance companies – although through brokerages services have access to many, many more – and research these firms to find the best combination of price, coverage and service to accommodate the unique needs of the client.
Insurance is needed to drive a car, purchase or rent a home, to protect your family’s health, financial future and assets and to run a business. Some people think it doesn’t really matter where they buy their insurance. But this misconception could be costing them money, service and protection. Insurance isn’t a commodity. Insurance is a safety net that is best provided by a professional who is willing to take an interest in your specific and unique situation.
Independent agents in Virginia are required to pass a rigorous professional examination to obtain their license to sell insurance and are further required to take continuing education courses bi-annually in order to maintain their license. Moreover, insurance agents in Virginiaare regulated by the Virginia Bureau of Insurance which is part of the State Corporation Commission and they regularly and randomly conduct insurance agency inspections. This important consumer protection wasn’t established because insurance products and coverage is easy to understand; it was established to ensure that only those trained, tested and qualified should be entrusted with your future and that of your family.
In a 2008 study of homeowners, 54% admitted to knowing “not much at all” about their homeowner’s insurance policies. The dangerous aspect of this survey is that insurance is supposed to act as a safety net and if the consumer is not sure that they are adequately protected, it’s not much of a safety net. Make sure that you select a professional who will take an interest in your future.
There are literally hundreds of insurance companies who are licensed to sell property/casualty, workers compensation and life and health insurance in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Who is best positioned to help you in this selection of the myriad of choices? Who can make sure that the insurance company you select will be in business when you need them?
Allstate Insurance Company
- Allstate Distinguished Agency Status
- Allstate Financial Services Outstanding Commitment to Customer Award
- Allstate Capitol Region Award-2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
- Allstate -Top In Market-Your Choice Auto Award-2008
- Partner Agency Award-2003,2004,2005,2006,2007,2008,2009
- Peak Performer Award-Outstanding Performance-2003
- Veteran Recognition-1998
- P&C Outstanding Sales Performer Award-1998, 1999, 2000
- Top Sales Performer-1998
- President's P&C Gold Award-1998 & 2000
- Associates of the Year-Richmond Agency-1998
- President's Citation for Outstanding Achievement-1998